Help requested pressurized CO2 users with pH probe!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

7Enigma

Aquarium Advice Addict
I asked this a while ago and never got anywhere and my internet searching has also not turned up anything useful. Here's my plea:

Can someone with a pressurized setup and a pH probe try to see how low a pH they can get in distilled or deionized water? Something like a small container with a PH or other really good diffuser. I'm trying to see if in unbuffered water (ie no KH) if I can get the pH into the 4's or high 3's.

Thanks for anyone who can help.

I may be able to help you. I have made the executive decision to stay home today due to the fact that it's my birthday.

I'll let you know the results later.

Curious why you want this info 7? I've had unbuffered water drop into the high 3s, but no lower.

I can't exactly say, if you know what I mean, but suffice to say its not aquarium related. High 3's is VERY helpful to know. I got to the mid-5's in the liquid I'm trying to lower the pH of (~7.2 to start with), but this was extremely rudimentary. I had a small glass, threw some dry ice in there, mixed it around, and saw how low it dropped with a pH probe. This was very inefficient and I knew it could be done much better, but I just wanted a simple baseline.

Thanks for everyone that's helped so far, and I can't wait to see your results Sparky!

So much for taking a day off. I was pretty much on the phone or on line with work most of the day yesterday. I'm curious to see how low this will go too.

School tonight, so I'll have to put it off another day. Sorry to keep you hanging.

Back
Top Bottom