Help stock my 20G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, they would do OK together as they are basically the same fish--wild version vs bred types. I'm not sure you would want to mix them. The Endlers are smaller than fancy guppies. If you are sold on Endlers, I would get CPDs and shrimp to finish the tank. Everything will be small here--maybe too small--a centerpiece fish would be nice.

Possibly two dwarf gouramis for centerpiece fish, wanted to keep it somewhat nano livestock I use that term lightly

IO suggest looking into the honey gourami as a centerpiece fish. While dg are lovely, they tend to be unhealthy. I know quite a few people who have had a hard time keeping one for very long, because it can be tough to find good stock. Honeys are great little fish though, and smaller than the dg (assuming you have a purebred honey).

Also, be careful with 2 dg. They can be rather territorial and nasty with each other. Sometimes 2 works out, but very often times it won't. Keep an eye on them, and be aware that you may have to separate them if they don't get along.

Do they do okay solo?

I am getting two DG's as well. Try to get two females or a male and a female. They will also need some floating plants.

If you are still looking for suggestions, I might suggest 5 neon tetras, 3 guppies, and one clown pleco (since you have driftwood) with your 2 DG's. If you are looking into shrimp I might suggest Red Cherry Shrimp or Red Crystal Shrimp.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom