Help stocking a 29 gal!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justme68

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've finally been able to start stocking my tank! :dance: I need some suggestions and or opinions with my stocking. I currently have

4 spotted cories
3 von rio (flame?) tetra
3 black phantom tetra

I wanted those specific tetra but my lfs only had 3 of each so I will definately be upping those schools (to 5 or 6) once they are available again! Any suggestions as to what else I can put in....I like color. I was thinking of maybe a few cherry barbs? Thanks for all input :)

No suggestions? Not sure if I would go with another school of tetra or a bigger single fish? Any input anyone?....

Hi, you could do Cherry Barbs or another school of Tetra and up your current schools to 6 each. Depending on what type of school you add next you could probably add a centerpiece fish (like a dwarf gourami) too.

Or maybe a few guppies? I don't think I can do a gourami with guppies though....if I did get a few, what centerpiece could I put with them?

I would take the gourami over guppies. as well as upping all ur schools like u mentioned.

I don't know how it would act with the corys, but think about adding a striped peacock eel. I have one and it's def, unique.

Well my gourami is all over. Mainly mid to top. But then he sleeps in a cave on the aquarium floor. So overall a very balanced all in my opinion.

Well tetra, I just don't think I could do an eel....lol! Kinda creepy for me. Thanks Mitch, think I may go with one of those :)

Back
Top Bottom