Help stocking a 60 gallon - barbs/ kuhli loaches?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As you can see, the manzanita is making the water cloudy.... Hoping that will clear up eventually, but it doesn't seem to be bothering the fish.

Lovely tank! I really like the wood. It appears cloudy because the wood is releasing tannins which stains the water a yellowish color. It won't bother the fish, depending on where they are from the fish would actually like it a lot because it lowers the pH, etc.

Just an update on this 60g angel / cory cat build since it has been a few months.

Stayed with 4 angels and 7 corys since everyone seems to be getting along. Angels are growing nicely as well and always swim up begging for food when I walk by :)

The algae grows like crazy with long stands of both a green and brown algae, compared to my mbuna tank, which just gets a thin film. I believe that has to do with better/brighter lighting, but also the mbuna picking at it. I keep them lit 12 hours. I actually don't mind the look... The water is crystal clear and I just use amag float to clean the front glass.

Thanks to all who helped with suggestions and advice!

Attachments

• 20180801_222646.jpg
    20180801_222646.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 75
Great job with the aquascape. A very natural looking design.

They work great but be prepared to suck up tons of black snail poo off that white sand

Back
Top Bottom