Help stocking a ten gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bettalife

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a ten gallon tank that I need to stock this is what I would like to have please let me now if there are any problems or if I can add anymore fish

2 female bettas
5 neon tetras
3 Cory cats
2 swordtail

Let me know if you think I am overstocked thanks.

I'd say you're more than stocked for a 10g.. I know some people go with more but I wouldn't..

Ouch... The swordtails really need a much bigger tank, like a 20 long. The corrys also need a bigger tank, and they need t be kept In groups of 6+

What if I didn't get the swordtails or the Cory cats. Are there any other good bottom feeders and some other fish like guppies or something?

Ok what if I did

1 female betta

5 neons

4 zebra danios

1 swordtail

No swordtails and no danios
Swordtails- need at least 20 gallons
Danios- too active
You can substitute the danios by glow lights or cherry barbs
Also, why not try a male betta?
And also, you can. Add either shrimp or pigmy cories

Celestial pearl danios are beautiful and stay very small. Can get a nice size school of them.

Ok what if I did

1 female betta

5 neons

4 zebra danios

1 swordtail

I would say no to the danios and swordtail. Because male swordtails get territorial in a small 10 gal tank. Danios are also very active. Neons prefer to be in a minimum of 6 in a group just so they feel more safe.

If you do only 2 female bettas, one is gonna be picked on. I would do a single female or better yet, a male and 5 neon and some shrimp. 10g doesn't give you much room at all to play around with stocking.

If you do only 2 female bettas, one is gonna be picked on. I would do a single female or better yet, a male and 5 neon and some shrimp. 10g doesn't give you much room at all to play around with stocking.

I agree this is good, you can add some ADF's if you wish as well, or some mystery snails

Back
Top Bottom