HELP!!! Swordtail fins torn up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Plecos4596

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been gone for a day and came back and my swordtail looks like this

image-788848932.jpg

image-1602523724.jpg

image-3198428974.jpg

He was completely healthy when I left I have a very aggressive ram but before he couldn't catch him so I assumed he couldn't hurt the swordtail was it the ram??!! Please help thanks!

Most likely it was the ram or it could of been caught in a plants or rock possibly

I see some tiger barbs back there too. Do the barbs bother the sword? How big is the tank? What else is in the tank?

Yea +1 on the barbs they tend to swim in the same level of the tank as the swordtail in my experience

Only one of my barbs he doesn't mess with the swordtail anymore since I put in the extremely aggressive ram and scared the crap out of all the barbs.

You shouldn't have flushed a live fish just because he had white spots on him. If those spots looked like grains of salt then it had ich which means "if" it had ich it is in your tank and you best keep an eye on the rest of your stock.

You shouldn't have flushed a live fish just because he had white spots on him. If those spots looked like grains of salt then it had ich which means "if" it had ich it is in your tank and you best keep an eye on the rest of your stock.

That's horrible you don't just flush a live fish! Atleast go fishing with it lol!

Back
Top Bottom