Help to add a few new residents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flickted

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 50gal hex tank, established for about a month and half.

I would just like some advice on what i could possibly add next.

current stock:

Stock:
5 platys 3f/2m
1 Rainbow Shark
1 Blue Gourami
3 Clown Loaches
1 Common Pleco

all get along well with a little bit of chasing and nipping during feed times.

would just like suggestions that would work with my current community. If you could suggest some fish for me i will look at them and make my decision from their.. Thanks

I would add a school of fish...something that stays in the middle. Maybe some Lemon tetras? Really, any tetras would work, I'd stay away from neons, rummynose and glowlights though, as they stay more towards the middle-bottom area and the bottom is already a bit crowded (or will be). Do you like any tetras?

I don't know the measurements for a 50 gallon hex, just remember though that a hex tank has a smaller stocking limit than a square tank.

I'd stick with that as Hex's can't be stocked that great... I'd trade the Clowns Loaches for som more well suited fish for a tank that size like some corys. Clowns need a large tank of like 80g+ they get large...Luckily they grow pretty slow. Maybe depending on the Gouramis temperament some Angels are a possibility they di better in tall tanks due to their fins.
HTH

aquarium freak, you sure clowns grow slow? i heard they can double their size in weeks when they're little

just saw the hex part, you may want to rething the clowns and the pleco, both grow fast

my pleco grew from a stubby 2" fish to a monster 6-7 inches in 7 months, expect the clowns to get big too, you'll run out of bottom space in a few months

Back
Top Bottom