HELP! Translation Guide Needed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustJax

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All,
I've been all over the 'net, looking for FW aquarium advice and finally just joined here). BUT- What do all the initialisms mean????? I've figured out a few:
NPT= newly planted tank
FW= Fresh water

But... I was reading some beginner information refered to "PH" not as in Ph hardness, but as a noun... there are a lot of others I just can't figure out. Is there a sticky or other resource to translate???

Help!:confused:

OOPS- it took me awhile but I found it under FAQs (looked there before but needed more info) Oh well, TBDBC (Temporarily Brain Damaged By Christmas) or maybe PBDBAR (Permanently Brain Damaged By Annoying Relatives).
TTFN!

I'm excited about my 29 gal! I didn't thing I'd be able to have a sizable tank, but one Petco had this setup for $85 complete b/c of Christmas! I'm glad my family scaled back on gifts; that gave me extra $$$ for me and my fish! (Of course 29 gal isn't much to all those out there with 90 gal reef tanks!) Good luck w/ the 25. I plan on using the extra gallons I have for more live plants. They are beneficial and it hurts less when they die; I hope to keep it to 10-12 fish. My goal is to have as much of a self-sustaining system as possible.

Back
Top Bottom