Help water temperature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

princess_1125

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone I have had a 10 gallon tank for about 2 years but my heater broke so I recently bought a new one. I read the reviews before I bought it and it has very good reviews but I saw this morning when I came home that my temperature went up to 83 degrees Fahrenheit. Now I don’t like be over thinking but is that okay to have the temperature that high I have glofishes about 4 of them and a bottom feeder fish . Can anyone give me any advice ?

Water Temperature

Hi everyone I have had a 10 gallon tank for about 2 years but my heater broke so I recently bought a new one. I read the reviews before I bought it and it has very good reviews but I saw this morning when I came home that my temperature went up to 83 degrees Fahrenheit. Now I don’t like be over thinking but is that okay to have the temperature that high I have glofishes about 4 of them and a bottom feeder fish . Can anyone give me any advice ?

Hello prin...

83 degree water is too warm for Glofish. But, as long as the temperature increase is very slow, then the fish should be fine. Just adjust the heater to the mid to upper 70s and everything should be good.

B

Back
Top Bottom