Help what is the name of this cichlid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicherry

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a little aggressive fish chases everyone around the tank just wondering what is the name of this cichlid so that I look up information about him. Its the calico one above the small teacup

Attachments

• 1485101334302.jpg
    1485101334302.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 64
Looks like a peacock??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The calico is an OB peacock. However you will have bigger problems soon with the auratus (yellow with black horizontal stripe) and metriaclima estherae (red zebra common name). Those guys will be major jerks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The calico is an OB peacock. However you will have bigger problems soon with the auratus (yellow with black horizontal stripe) and metriaclima estherae (red zebra common name). Those guys will be major jerks.

Sorry, outdated on the scientific name, it's now maylandia estherae, not metriaclima estherae.

Ok thank you. I hope not. However i totally believe you.

Just for reference I have 4 straight years of keeping Africans, minus a few years before. Experience with them can be highly subjective, but there a few constants. Auratus and zebras are mean. Hopefully things work out for you, but should they live up to their reputations there will likely be bullying. Best of luck though.

Just for reference I have 4 straight years of keeping Africans, minus a few years before. Experience with them can be highly subjective, but there a few constants. Auratus and zebras are mean. Hopefully things work out for you, but should they live up to their reputations there will likely be bullying. Best of luck though.

What size tank do you have? How many cichlids in the tank?

Back
Top Bottom