Help!!!! What is this???????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have the same thing now.. any news ??how are your fishes? Did they eat them ?

Hello! Sorry didn't see this tell now! Don't worry i believe it is harmless. I do not think the parasite i had in my tank had anything to do with these guys. I have since sold those two yellow cichlids that use to be sick. I then put my betta in the tank for a few days.. i just yesterday, put guppies into the tank and basically all of them are gone. To help get rid of them i would scrub the walls down and then do my water change. I believe it was from not doing enough water changes or poor filter. I don't change my 10g as much as i do both my 29g and 55 g. Its more annoying to see and know there guys are in the tank and not being able to really do anything. The only fish that would eat them was the guppies... other then that id say keep doing water changes!! :)

I had a similar thing in my cichlid tank. Not exactly sure what they are but they show up in new tanks and seem to be harmless. They never hurt any of my cichlids as I have yet to lose a single one in close to a year.

Same thing for me it's my fry tank so when it's empty I do less water changes.. Thank you very much I read gouramis would also eat them so I'll put one of mine, I'm going to add some guppies!!
Thank you very much, I was so worried..

Same thing for me it's my fry tank so when it's empty I do less water changes.. Thank you very much I read gouramis would also eat them so I'll put one of mine, I'm going to add some guppies!!
Thank you very much, I was so worried..

So was i! I had no idea what to do and what would get rid of them. You're welcome. No need to worry at all :)

I have the same thing now.. any news ??how are your fishes? Did they eat them ?

I just cleaned the walls of my tank with a pad when i did a WC.I haven't gotten them anymore. Plus i think it was some kind of white algae. My fish are doing find but they didn't seem to eat it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I just cleaned the walls of my tank with a pad when i did a WC.I haven't gotten them anymore. Plus i think it was some kind of white algae. My fish are doing find but they didn't seem to eat it.

Actually dont even know what it was but its harmless lol

I had the same "bug" in my holding tank. I used API safe and easy glass cleaner when doing a water change and that takes care of them. I have noticed that if I let algae build up on my hood they start to come back, but with a good clean they disappear again. Keep up weekly water changes and it should solve itself.

Back
Top Bottom