Help!!!! What is this???????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlaxerGun93

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
20140109_212316.jpg

What is this?. I noticed this as i was finishing my WC. And i just ignored it.:facepalm:(Monday) Now theres more on the tank walls.

Attachments

• 20140109_212246.jpg
    20140109_212246.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 169
No the white specs

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hmm..its hard to tell in the photo. If you watch the "cloud" for a minute, do you see movement?

Hmm..its hard to tell in the photo. If you watch the "cloud" for a minute, do you see movement?

I just went to check and yes there is movement but not all of it.
Only on some spots.

I'm thinking microworms. Excellent fish food, not harmful. Take your finger and draw it through the cloud and up the glass and out of the water and take a look..little white worms on your finger? If so, release them in the water and watch your fish go nuts for them :)

There is a lady here with a similar issue did you find out what it was and did you get rid of them?

There is a lady here with a similar issue did you find out what it was and did you get rid of them?

Yes, that would be me. Same issue over here... its odd! Its currently in my 10g but the two fish that are in there are sick and i am currently treating therewith general cure parasitic something. They never touch the white things. They multiply like crazy also... how can you get rid of them??

Are they small white specks that are attached to the glass and wave in the water current? If so they are some type of bacteria or algae that tends to grow in new tanks, especially cycling ones. There's not a for sure answer on their identification but they are harmless and normal.

Are they small white specks that are attached to the glass and wave in the water current? If so they are some type of bacteria or algae that tends to grow in new tanks, especially cycling ones. There's not a for sure answer on their identification but they are harmless and normal.

No they actually move and crawl slowly on the glass and allllll over every square inch of the glass

Have you checked out Planaria or Hydra?

It isn't as big as planaria, they are just tiny. They don't have rules extra leg things that hydra has. Its a micro worm i think. How can i get rid of them? I can't do anything now since i am doing a parasite treatment for the fish but i do water changes and it hasn't helped

Micro worms are even smaller than that. You wouldn't be able to get a picture of micro worms without a special macro lens / microscope. All in all they shouldn't hurt anything, they just look weird. Gouramis are supposed to eat pests like that or you can try fenbendazole if you wanted to go with the medication route.

Worms will live off of excess food / waste in the substrate. Try a deeper cleaning of your substrate and reduced feedings.

Micro worms are even smaller than that. You wouldn't be able to get a picture of micro worms without a special macro lens / microscope. All in all they shouldn't hurt anything, they just look weird. Gouramis are supposed to eat pests like that or you can try fenbendazole if you wanted to go with the medication route.

Worms will live off of excess food / waste in the substrate. Try a deeper cleaning of your substrate and reduced feedings.

Yes well with my fish bot saying right now its hard to keep food out lol. Its sand bottom so it can't fully be cleaned just the top. There is some food on the bottom right now but i have to wait three days since the meds. I can't get a pic of them since they are to small... if it will let me attack a picture i will. I found a pic on Google that looks like them. I am just wondering if that's what has made my fish in that tank sick.. not sure if the meds are working on them. I hope they do, it was over $20 for those meds

ForumRunner_20140114_225323.jpg

ForumRunner_20140114_225335.jpg

There got some pics!!

ForumRunner_20140114_230905.jpg

ForumRunner_20140114_230922.jpg

I have the same thing now.. any news ??how are your fishes? Did they eat them ?

Back
Top Bottom