Help! What is this creature in my aquarium.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Weasel F. said:
I was wonderig when someone was going to realize you can freeze alcahol.

You actually can freeze alcohol, but not in our regular home freezers. I belive it has to be at -175F to freeze. Just a piece of wordly knowledge incase you get asked while you are at a bar dru....nevermind. ;)

Funny thread. RIP little leech.

You can, however freeze many types of 'off the shelf' liquors (such as vodka, rum, etc) in a deep freeze, although it is not the ethanol itself that is freezing, but the water content of the liquor.

As for the leech, that is far more than I would have done for him...a sidewalk block and my heel would have sufficed, although I am rather fond of leeches, and have kept them as interesting species aquarium pets...they are rather fascinating.

Guess what... I found another one during a gravel vac. This is crazy! No one has ever had leeches?

Toirtis said:
You can, however freeze many types of 'off the shelf' liquors (such as vodka, rum, etc) in a deep freeze, although it is not the ethanol itself that is freezing, but the water content of the liquor.

As for the leech, that is far more than I would have done for him...a sidewalk block and my heel would have sufficed, although I am rather fond of leeches, and have kept them as interesting species aquarium pets...they are rather fascinating.

How did you keep them? Feed them etc?

Ok I found cocoon like see through leaf shapes stuck on the aquarium wall. They were about 1cm in size. I could clearly see inside them miniature versions of the adult worm leeches. I scrubbed them off and I guess I will do daily 25% water changes for a bit till they disappear. I really wish someone else had experience with this kind of infestation!

Back
Top Bottom