Help what is this on my fake plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigge_al

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had two bettas that have been sharing a 5 gal split tank with two apple snails(but one of the apple snails passed over a month ago) so I decide to start a second small tank to split them.
A little history on 2 1/2 gal tank that has been running 3 wks
2 1/2 gal from yard sale with new gravel took small filter out of active 5 gal tank and replaced it with 10 gal filter from yard sale and put it in 2 1/2 gal tank. Two new fake plants and split moss ball from 44 gal tank.
Moved apple snail and betta from 5 gal tank that has been up for 8 months

So my issue is "this thing" showed up on this plant while I was gone on vacation. Anyone got a idea what it is and should I get it out or leave it. I thought eggs from snail but then I read they lay at surface.
img_2052889_0_fc1aff123f3e954f95057d0a3d8db827.jpg

img_2052889_1_9fc8497b11e2df4f9e28a70c5972cced.jpg

This looks like something that would be on the bottom of a real plant bought from stores to hold roots together...
Maybe it's something that was in the container of the fake plants root and rose up during your vacation

Can't say for certain, but did you give the tank a "big" feeding right before leaving for vacation? It looks like moldy bits of uneaten food to me. I'd just suck it up with a gravel vac or rinse the plant off and see if it comes back.

Back
Top Bottom