HELP!, White thing disease ? Fungus ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrvincent

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, I just bought thoses rummynose tetra yesterday, and today I notice little "white scratch" on one of them. They're currently in a QT tank at 26 C° with a baby siamensis algae eater. It's not ick. I purchased them in a group of 11.

Just watch this and give your opignon plz:

705225DSC04692.jpg

244117DSC04691.jpg

140037DSC04693.jpg

If I look at him from the top, it look like something GROWING on it, or maybe inflamation... Any ideas plz ? He's eating like his mates.

I had this really bad once, I don't know what it's called exactly but go down to your lfs and get some of those anti fungus tabs read the directions and follow that. I would also recommend a little bit of aquarium salt in the Qt. If that doesn't work I don't know what will

I had this really bad once, I don't know what it's called exactly but go down to your lfs and get some of those anti fungus tabs read the directions and follow that. I would also recommend a little bit of aquarium salt in the Qt. If that doesn't work I don't know what will

I added a bit salt, I'll try to reach 0.3% salt maximum on three days (grams of salt per grams of water).

I'm questioning if it would be better to raise or lower temp ? Currently it's raised, that's what I do to prevent ick. (LFS here have a lot of ick)

Does anybody know a good product for this ?

I plan to wait to see if salt help. if it get worse or spread I'll go get that stuff at the LFS...

Oh, you defiantly want to do at least a 50% water change when that stuff gets into the substrate you can never get rid of it. If you are using gravel I would take it out and run some really hot water through it.

Yea, I never adjusted the temp much but that stuff seemed to help me. Find a product that's kinda like that ick clear stuff in the tab that bubbles and it should clear up.

Finally I found that 4 of them are infected... So I bought Melafix + Pimafix from API, I'll dose both, reviews says that they work better together.

I'll do 80% WC (I know how to do it without stressing) with a good gravel vaccum, so I'll remove the salt I've already put, then I'll dose melafix and pimafix for 1 week and see results. And I'll get good water quality.

Good luck, I hope you get rid of it. I know it's a pain if you don't catch it before it takes over

I did double 70% WC, I realise after the first one that there was a huge nasty buildup under the substrate, directly on the glass...

I've put 5ml melafix + 5ml pimafix. Melafix smells good eucalyptus henh :p

Hahaha, yea that stuff loves to get under the substrate

Not fungus, it's done a very long time I didn't did a good substrate cleaning... I have thoses infected fishs since two days...

That was fish waste and food buildup... nasty :p

The fungus is going smaller in size. I stopped dosing Melafix and I'll keep dosing Pimafix until it's gone away.

I am having an issue with my Ram and Im doing the same doses but I cant tell if its helping or not...did your tank get all suddzy like a bubble bath when you added the two? I didn't do a water change yet because it said to wait till the 7th day and do 25%...is that what you are going to do as well? Keep me posted since Im having the same issue but my ram has it on her lip!

No because I didn't plugged the air pump. Melafix is oily product, it will make the water foaming with airstone I think.

It help, but slowly.

I'm back at home and the fungus is dissapeared.

I'll do a WC tomorrow and I'll stop dosing and wait 1 more week to see what it do...

I'm back at home and the fungus is dissapeared.

I'll do a WC tomorrow and I'll stop dosing and wait 1 more week to see what it do...

I would do more then 25%, fungus can easily over take again if not completely gone. Take every precaution and make sure not to over feed. Do a good substrate cleaning to

I would do more then 25%, fungus can easily over take again if not completely gone. Take every precaution and make sure not to over feed. Do a good substrate cleaning to

Forgot to do my homework, I'll do 50%WC or more tonight... Last time I did double 75%WC, because of the nasty substrate, and all fishs were fine.

I'll dose a little more Pimafix for 1 day after the WC... I can't difference which was the most infected fish initially, they all cured and seems healty now.

Problem is finally solved, the fishs have been moved to the show tank. 1 of the 11 fishs died in the first day, all others were fines.

I used a combination of salt + melafix + pimafix. It worked. Thanks !

Back
Top Bottom