Help with adding final touches to my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshdrew92

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone i would just like some help on what i can add into my tank deco wise and what fish you think would be good to add the finishing touches to my tank? Currently the fish i have are as follows :

5 cherry barbs (2male 3female)
1 black neon (the others died)
1 blacktail neon? (probably the wrong name lol and again the others died :nono: )
2 otos

i would like to add a bit of colour into the tank and provide some more hiding places aswel :)

i have attached a picture of my tank ( pretty sure its a 10g) and look forward to everyones feedback :fish1:

Attachments

• 20120814_175015.jpg
    20120814_175015.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 67
Looks more like a 20 I think. Maybe some Neon Tetras for color or a pair of GBR's if it is a 20 gallon.

I was thinking of GBR's but are they hard to look after? I'm quiet new to fishkeeping so wouldnt want to get anything to demanding yet ...

They need good water quality so maybe later when your tank becomes more established.

GBR are not that hard to look after as long as your tank is running well. Make sure you get a test kit and check the water before you get Rams, if fish have died already something must be wrong - Rams do not last long if there is something out of whack in the tank. You will need to keep up water changes, and make sure your well filtered.
Bolivian Rams would be a safer option, not just as demanding as GBR though still need a step up in care compared to many starter fish like Danio etc.
Also remember Rams are cichlids so expect a slight rise in aggression levels in the tank compared to what you have been used to.

The fish that died did so when i first started the tank but it seems to have being going well for the past 2 weeks now , how do i know what size my tank is , i have had it for years so dont have a clue :confused:

Edit : i have an api master test kit and a fluval u30 filter and try to keep water changes to 25% every 2 days.

Yes it say 13. Something gallons. Boost up the schools to at least 3 each, but I wouldnt recommend it cuz they all need a 20-30 g tank.

Yes it say 13. Something gallons. Boost up the schools to at least 3 each, but I wouldnt recommend it cuz they all need a 20-30 g tank.

Ok so would i be better off leaving it as it is for now then?

Back
Top Bottom