Help with amazon sword plant please!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sai Sauce

Aquarium Advice Activist
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409202067.947151.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409202118.532723.jpg why is it turning like this? I have a co2 in there and a single bright marineland led 24-36 in my ten gallon. What is the problem and how can I fix it?

Using My iPad and I Love Fishes! <~8~>

swords enjoy massive amounts of iron, and without it, they get long, stringy, and yellow. almost any root tab would work.

Ha! I looks just like mine. Thanks for pics. and the answers.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Agreed on the root tabs. Also, what is your water hardness? And do you change water regularly? Calcium deficiency will cause the deformed leaves you see.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My Amazons look bad but they seem to get a big boost every time I do a water change

I don't test hardness, is that recommended? And I do water change sometimes like around once a month

And thanks I guess I need root tabs

I don't test hardness, is that recommended? And I do water change sometimes like around once a month

You should be doing a weekly partial water change for the health of your plants and fish. I would start with that and see if the deformed leaves stop. If they don't, then you might want to test your water hardness.

The amount of your weekly water change should depend on your stocking level. You can use Aqadvisor website as a good starting point and then adjust the amount as necessary depending on your nitrate levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nobody mentioned anything about the singlebright? those things can't even grow algea... You should get a double bright or the new advanced LED strip light

For Led lights I think a lot of people use Finnex lights or Current USA Satellite Pluses. Or if you want to spend even more, a Build My Led or the Exotic E series, but I don't think your tank needs the last two.

For Led lights I think a lot of people use Finnex lights or Current USA Satellite Pluses. Or if you want to spend even more, a Build My Led or the Exotic E series, but I don't think your tank needs the last two.
Yeah even a Aquaon modular with 2 or 3 bulbs would work, 2 would probably be fine, just not the single bright.

Back
Top Bottom