Help with ammonia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shouldn't need to do anything regarding air as long as you've got air to the tank you should be fine how longs the tank been running

About 3 months but only emptied it to put sand in. Before that it was running years!

Your water looks fine, I would do a water change, use some form of stress coat, then use a treatment of a all in one medication made by tetra. That will cure any disease that may be killing off your guppies.

You could also try quarantining the guppies in a small tank for a week or two but that's risky. Have you went to the LFS and asked about their guppies water quality and stuff? Because the LFS may have had a disease recently that could have killed off the guppies.

Could it potentially be PH shock killing the new fish? If you're only floating the bag, the temperature will change, but not the PH. Do you slowly add your tank water before adding the new fish?

I do ease water into the bag. Just had a male guppy die. Do u think I should buy some all in one treatment

Back
Top Bottom