Help with compatability and other stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishie

Aquarium Advice Addict
My brother has a 20G high and I'm trying to help him with his fish stuff. He has 2 giant danios, 3 silver dollar , 2 albinotiger barbs , mystery snail I gave him since I took common plecos from him . He has driftwood and a couple fake plants. I don't know too much about his fish but think the barbs are shoaling fish. I don't know where to get started in his tank (probably a PWC) I have 4 tanks if some need to be moved (check profile to see what I have in them) any suggestions or advice needed!!

Fishie said:
My brother has a 20G high and I'm trying to help him with his fish stuff. He has 2 giant danios, 3 silver dollar , 2 albinotiger barbs , mystery snail I gave him since I took common plecos from him . He has driftwood and a couple fake plants. I don't know too much about his fish but think the barbs are shoaling fish. I don't know where to get started in his tank (probably a PWC) I have 4 tanks if some need to be moved (check profile to see what I have in them) any suggestions or advice needed!!

Well, the silver dollars need schools, but they get huge. Up to a foot sometimes. They need to go:(

The giant danios also need schools, but they get big. I dont recommend them for a 20 either.

The tiger barbs can stay, just get them some buddies:)

Also He has a convict cichlid thanks ^ if He gets bigger tank are they all compatible?

Fishie said:
Also He has a convict cichlid thanks ^ if He gets bigger tank are they all compatible?

Are you askig if a convict compatable with barbs?

Gboy66 said:
Are you askig if a convict compatable with barbs?

What is it compatible with in the tank? Right now it looks like the barbs are getting bullied because they are hiding.

I think the question is if all can live together in a bigger tank. I suspect the barbs, the giant danios, and the silver dollars could if you got a big enough tank (harder to do for the Silver Dollars at 5 to 8 inches, less difficult for the barbs and 4 inch danios) but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they probably will not get along with the convicts once the convicts are full grown, if they're not already. Cichlids, for the most part, get kind of nasty with smaller fish and territorial with fish their size.

I think the question is if all can live together in a bigger tank. I suspect the barbs, the giant danios, and the silver dollars could if you got a big enough tank (harder to do for the Silver Dollars at 5 to 8 inches, less difficult for the barbs and 4 inch danios) but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they probably will not get along with the convicts once the convicts are full grown, if they're not already. Cichlids, for the most part, get kind of nasty with smaller fish and territorial with fish their size.

+1 on this.

Id get rid of the silver dollars and fill out the tiger barb school. They usually prefer 6+ in a group.

Back
Top Bottom