Help With Finding a Fish For 1 Gallon Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would just feed a small pinch once in the morning and once in evening

There are good quality flakes and in all the years I've kept beta's I've never bought betta pellets. If feed a small amount daily there is no need to skip any feeding days.

There are good quality flakes and in all the years I've kept beta's I've never bought betta pellets. If feed a small amount daily there is no need to skip any feeding days.

I have Wardley Tropical flakes. I gave him a half flake this afternoon & haven't fed him since. Suggestions?

I personally use the tetra betta pellets, they are very tiny. But they love them, always happy to gobble them up. Mine are doing great

Omega flakes are good ones. One thing that would be really good is New Life Spectrum Thera A. It is little round pellets and most fish love them. There is also New Life Spectrum Flake Food which is just as good and doesn't sink so fast like the pellets. You would have to order either of them.

IMO the best betta food is omega one betta buffet pellets or hikari betta bio-gold pellets.

Ok so from what everyone is saying I should look for the Omega brand of flakes and/or pellets?
He really does seem to like the tropical flakes I fed him today though so that's good. He really loves them bubbles though! :)

I would really go with pellets though they areuch healthier and have many more nutrients. What color is he to just curious.

Pellets are not more nutritious than flakes. Here's the analysis of both so you can see yourself.

Omega Flakes:

Whole Salmon, Halibut, Black Cod, Whole Herring , Whole Shrimp, Whole Krill, Wheat Flour, Wheat Gluten, Fresh Kelp, Lecithin, Astaxanthin, L-Ascorbyl-2-Phosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Natural and Artificial Colors, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Folic Acid, Biotin, Inositol, Tocopherol (Preservative), Ethoxyquin (Preservative).

Guaranteed Analysis:
Min. Crude Protein….41%
Min. Crude Fat………12%
Max. Crude Fiber…….2%
Max. Moisture…….. 8.5%
Max. Ash……………..8%
Min. Phosphorus....(0.5%)
Min. Omega 3 ……... 2%
Min. Omega 6….…...1%

Ingredients:
Whole Salmon, Halibut, Shrimp, Wheat flour, Wheat Gluten, Fresh Kelp, Astaxanthin, Lecithin, L-Ascorbyl-2-Phosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Natural and Artificial Colors, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Folic Acid, Biotin, Inositol, Tocopherol (Preservative), Ethoxyquin (Preservative).

Guaranteed Analysis:
Min. Crude Protein….42%
Min. Crude Fat………12%
Max. Crude Fiber…….2%
Max. Moisture………. 8.5%
Max. Ash……………..8 %
Min. Phosphorus

The way they are thicker and more compact marked them have more nutrients than flakes.

I would really go with pellets though they areuch healthier and have many more nutrients. What color is he to just curious.

He is a blend of blue & purple, from my research I believe he's a Veil Tail. I can try uploading a picture if that would be a benifit?

Size and shape have no bearing on the nutrient valve of the food being fed. What matters is the nutrient valve itself, just because one is thicker doesn't mean it's getting more nutrients since the same equivalent of flake food will deliver the same amount of nutrients.

Ok I just think that it's easier for a fish to get more nutrients from a pellet since it can eat less.

I didn't need a pic of the betta was just interested in seeing him you can upload one if you want always like seeing people's fish.

How do you know it takes less pellets than flakes? One flake can be larger than one pellet so unless you know how much pulverized condensed flakes would make up a pellet then there is no way of knowing. Some fish don't like pellets, some don't like flakes, so what really matters is that a good nutritious food regardless of whether it's flakes or pellets.

Haha ok well I appreciate the breakdown and debates of which food is preferred or better in each persons opinion. I will stick with the flakes for now since he seems to like them but will still give the pellets a try & see what he likes best. I'll just let the fish decide :)
I will try uploading the best picture I can of him soon too!

Haha ok well I appreciate the breakdown and debates of which food is preferred or better in each persons opinion. I will stick with the flakes for now since he seems to like them but will still give the pellets a try & see what he likes best. I'll just let the fish decide :)
I will try uploading the best picture I can of him soon too!
I personally feed my betta, and all of my fish tetracolour flake food, just break it down so he can eat it, but in addition i will add Omega-One freeze-dried blood worms into the mix, just a couple for the betta and other fish i have because variation in diet is good. Sometimes on occasion i will add sinking shrimp pellets that i bought forever ago on a whim and never used. I have never used pellets and have actually heard some bad things about pellets, and their abilities as a stable food. I've always heard to go flake food because its easier for the betta to chew and eat.

Also please upload pictures !

Try a single neon tetra... with a small amount of rocks... and no decor if You must have a fish... or get a 10G tank of $20

Try a single neon tetra... with a small amount of rocks... and no decor if You must have a fish... or get a 10G tank of $20
What??? I hope you understand a 3 gallon with heater and filter is fine for a betta and a single neon tetra with some rocks you sound like a petsmart employee. Neons need open space and 6 of their own kind not like a betta who has judt been saved a prison in a .5 gallon vase or tiny plastic cup.

Back
Top Bottom