help with fish identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccross

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I know the one is a big goldfish bit not sure on the other 2. This girl is trying to sell the tank with the fish and I might buy them just to get them into a bigger tank where they belong. Same girl has a convict in a 2 gallon tank but refuses to sell him to me.

img_1764305_0_2681209cc0597f3cbca50985cc7ad21d.jpg

img_1764305_1_7fc5fe4794fcee5cd8861b979936b37b.jpg

img_1764305_2_6a29bdc921c23c1711fb32fbf3d2d7be.jpg

And the convict in his 2g prison....
img_1764305_3_7a4d6743e86d021ff0b8e1dac1d48282.jpg

I cant help you id the other 2 but if you purchase this tank/fish setup, you will need seperate homes for everyone. The fancy goldie needs atleast a 20gal tank to himself sans heater. Good luck!

I cant help you id the other 2 but if you purchase this tank/fish setup, you will need seperate homes for everyone. The fancy goldie needs atleast a 20gal tank to himself sans heater. Good luck!

I have a friend that is a Goldfish nut. She will take good care of her. THe Plecco will be going to another friend. I want to keep the others tho. Need to know what they are :)

Mlani said:
One looks like a guarami? Not sure of the spelling?

Edit* two look like guaramis. The ones with the long feelers in front.

Will the gourami's live ok in a 29g tank? Would they get along with any type of cichlids?

They're shy and peaceful fish. I wouldn't put them with any cichlids except maybe some rams or apistos.

They're shy and peaceful fish. I wouldn't put them with any cichlids except maybe some rams or apistos.

Good, I like peaceful fish :)

What are some good tank mates for them? I just grabbed a 55 Gallon and I think thats where they will be headed once it is cycled.

There are 2 pearl gouramis, said goldfish, one albino bristlenose pleco, and one that looks to be a common pleco.

Hholly said:

+1 (nice profile pic btw;))

They are community fish. Tetras, angels, corys, the nice fish:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gboy66 said:
There are 2 pearl gouramis, said goldfish, one albino bristlenose pleco, and one that looks to be a common pleco.

+1 (nice profile pic btw;))

They are community fish. Tetras, angels, corys, the nice fish:)

Thanks! ;) that was Mardi Gras last year.

I also concur with the above posts; you have yourself a Pearl Gourami for sure. The other Gourami looks like a Moonlight or a Blue Gourami. That side shot of the Pearl looks like a female to me. They can be rather drab looking when young but as they grow their colors really pop out. I've always found them to be very peaceful. I keep a 1 male to two female ratio. They're also labyrinth breathers. I have both sets of My Gouramis in heavily planted tanks. They utilize all parts of the aquaria.
I keep my Pearls w/ Longfin Zebra Danios, 1 Pictus, 1 Clown Plec. I keep an eye on the Pictus but never see any problems...the Pictus is usually too busy cruising the tank like he just had 5 energy drinks. In the past I've kept them with Bloodfin Tetras, Corys, Dojos etc... just not anything that may have the potential to be a fin nipper. They are very slow & graceful in their movements & stunning in a large group in a large enough tank.
I'm getting ready to add more of these fish to my Pearl tank. My other Gouramis are kept with Bristlenose Plecs & 3 Elongate Moth Catfish. The only problems I've ever had was when I had them with my Angelfish the Angels became very territorial before/during/after laying their eggs & tried to keep the Gouramis away from feeding & would "slam" into them, causing the Gouramis to start hiding in the mess of live plants. That was my fault though I thought my Angels were too young to lay eggs thus the territorial displays but I was wrong- lesson learned. I quickly moved the Angels into their own aquaria & peace has resumed in my fishy little world

Last edited:
Jason7894561230 said:
Opaline and pearl gourami :D

After looking again, yea i think 1 opaline 1 pearl.

OP, a close up of each gourami would help alot

After looking again, yea i think 1 opaline 1 pearl.

OP, a close up of each gourami would help alot

Those are just the pics from the girls sale. I'm still trying to get her to sell them to me. She is pissed at me because I told her she was mistreating the convict... If I get them i will post more photos.

Back
Top Bottom