Help with Flash Pleco !!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikeaq

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just came home to my flash pleco sitting right in the middle of my tank.

Normally he/she is hiding or moving 100mph.

The stomach is very bloated/full I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what's going on?? I fed them this morning so he can't be full on food. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405469179.007984.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405469189.389328.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

He's dead now & looks like he's going to explode ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405480853.474833.jpg

Pic from the underside. Something coming out of him. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405481026.673970.jpg

Can't really see what you mean by something coming out of him. Were there worms or reddish strings?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No, just this brown circle u can see here ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405513326.746918.jpg

Looks like an intestinal blockage/rupture. . What were you feeding? Dw in the tank??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If it's like worms / parasites you should treat your tank. Can't really see much in the pic, too blurry.

Sent from anteatergoanna's burrow

It's nothing that was alive. Feeding NLS pellets, omega one flakes, frozen bloodworms and zucchini soaked in garlic guard. All other fish are healthy

Poor little guy could have just been backed up on bloodworms..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Since the pic wasn't good enough to rule out something like camallanus I would treat the other fish for internal parasites to be on the safe side.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom