Help with guppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sholi

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 3 female guppies in my 10g tank now and will add a dwarf gourami in a week, but for now, i heard about this dominance thingy that happens between a group of female fish of the same kin when there is no male around.

My questions are:
-how long will they fight and when will they stop?
-will it be fatal?
-will one of the female guppy actually turn into a male?

And last question~
-when i acclimated one of my guppy into the tank, she jumped out of the net and fell onto the carpet, will she be fine? (i quickly picked her up with the net and my finger and put her in)

Thank you :)

sholi said:
I have 3 female guppies in my 10g tank now and will add a dwarf gourami in a week, but for now, i heard about this dominance thingy that happens between a group of female fish of the same kin when there is no male around.

My questions are:
-how long will they fight and when will they stop?
-will it be fatal?
-will one of the female guppy actually turn into a male?

And last question~
-when i acclimated one of my guppy into the tank, she jumped out of the net and fell onto the carpet, will she be fine? (i quickly picked her up with the net and my finger and put her in)

Thank you :)

Guppies are not aggressive fish... They should be fine:)

The one that was dropped... It's kinda hard to say...

The female guppies may chase each other around once in a while but they wont actually do any damage to each other, and no they will not change gender but they can have fry even up to 3 months after being away from any male guppy. The dropped guppy should be okay some people have had fish jump out of the tank and be out for a long time before they are found and still survive.

Back
Top Bottom