Help with ICH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonny1982

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
All my fish had Ich, so I turned up the temperature to 86 degrees and added an airstone. The temperature has been 86 degress for 10 days now. None of the fish have any sign of ICH now, except my bala shark still has a lot. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I use medications

When icy showed up in my aquarium i used ich attack by Kordon it worked for me.:fish2:

Leave the heat where it is for 2 weeks after the last sign of ich goes away. It can take a little time. You also need ot make sure your tank temp isnt dropping at night and that you have a reliable thermometer.

Leave the heat where it is for 2 weeks after the last sign of ich goes away. It can take a little time. You also need ot make sure your tank temp isnt dropping at night and that you have a reliable thermometer.

+1. Don't go to medications, the heat is stressful enough, adding medications can prove to be too stressful. If I had to guess I'd say your temperature isn't staying a steady 86 or a true 86 degrees. 86 is right on the verge of where the parasites can't breed. A good practice would be to get two thermometers, one on each end of the tank, and make sure they record the same temperature. Maybe set your thermometer up to 87-88 for safe measure.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

QuICK Cure

AP QuICK Cure worked for me twice. Funny ..... never had an Ick problem until I bought fish at our local LFS ... twice so I quit buying fish there.

First time, I asked them about a cure and they recommended QuICK Cure for $6 which I bought. Second time I bought the same product at WalMart for $3. Both times the ICK was gone within a few days following the "half"" dosage for when you have tetras or scale-less fish such as loaches. One drop per gallon per day at 80 degrees.

No side effects. People seem to make too big a deal about avoiding chemicals and using the 86 degree "heat kills it" method.

I do recommend a large water change immediately and gravel vacuum before the first treatment and after the last treatment when the disease has vanished.

http://www.petmountain.com/product/...-fast-relief-for-ick-protozoan-parasites.html

If one fish has it then its still present in the tank. I would also vacum your gravel as ich can also come from your gravel if not cleaned

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom