Help with my 12g Nano Cube? Filter wont start?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LaurahL

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just got a Nano Cube from a friend, she had used it, and this morning we had a power surge 3 times, and when I went to check on my tank, the lights were still on and the filter was just buzzing, not sucking in water, not spiting out. :confused:

PLEASE HELP!

Ive tried unplugging it, turning it on, off, leaving it for a few hours, and still NOTHING!

What should I do? Whats wrong with it? Do I need to replace it?

P.S. Im new here! Not really sure how this works and how fast Ill get some replys....

:thanks:

You might need to prime the filter first. Pour some water into the main compartment of the filter first and then turn it on.

aqua_chem said:
You might need to prime the filter first. Pour some water into the main compartment of the filter first and then turn it on.

Bingo ^

Well, the filter had been working perfectly for about a day, there is already water in it.

Thanks for the thought. Any other ideas? :hide:

You might try taking all the water out, then refilling it.

Some gentle-ish shaking might do it good too.

It's probably a burned out motor on the pump after trying to prime itself all night long

Well what I did now is I took the filter out, and a bunch of air came out. Then I took it apart a little and cleaned the fan and put it back in and it worked! :)

Thanks for all the answers. I'm new at this whole aquarium thing, if you cant already tell haha. That's why I joined this site! :D

Lol that's good to hear that you got it working again. By the way, welcome to AA

Back
Top Bottom