Help with new tank setup and cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*grin* We wanna pic of the tank once all is clear; would love to see the back of the tank ;)

I promise to get it in here as soon as I take another pic.

Anyway I went to my lfs today and was given, actually traded, half of my wet dry bioballs to seed me tank. plus he gave me a sheet of dls to put on top of the bioballs to act alike another biological seeding. Still I use another dls in the wet dry tray to catch the junk before it go into the bioballs area.

As for the water, it has cleared some since i put in the carbon. I also brought in some water for testing. Everything seemed fine until i explained about my cloudy water situation just to get a idea of what they would say.

What to my surprise, the cloudy water in my tank is from my tap water. He said the city recently did something to the pipings and the water will be cloudy for a while and is not a permant thing, but safe to drink. To my relief, I made sure if it was safe to put fishes in yet...And as it was agreeded, I got me a couple fishes to start. (i got to have somethign to keep the biological bed running) So I am crossing my fingers and hoping it will get 100 percent clear soon...

by the way, i did a water change to my turtle tank and the water is cloudy too... oh geeeeeeee.... guess i ll have to live with that for a while.

Pic coming soon... look for them!!!!

Woooo!

*pats herself on the back*

I did ask if it was the tap water way back in my first post; damn I'm good ;)

Looking forward to the pics :)

oh well first it said file saize had to be 1024 by 1024... i adjusted that..

then it came back said file size too big..max 100kb

this is getting strange since on my original post has the same size picture...

:? oh well

i think you should give it a few days. my friend had the same problem with his tank. he rinsed his rocks but it wasnt enough, as soon as he added water it became cloudy. give it a day or two, then vacuum you gravel... itll get coudy again, but only for a day. then you should be good.

it is pretty clear by now. Today is the 7th day of the tank being setup. I wanted to post picture but it is not allowing me.

I had a similar problem. I put carbon and zeolite in and it cleared in 3 days. Been clear ever since...

Back
Top Bottom