help with ph and rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As long as you slowly add or stabilize it would be ok. I've heard from lots of people that this is a very good way to adjust ph but ive never done it personally, was just adding another option to the table. The other option is drip acclimation, I haven't done it but I float for a long time and remove/add water numerous times. I keep my rams at about 7.0 and they are doin great.

As long as you acclimate them slowly it should be ok but I would still check the ph of the tank they are in at the store just as a precaution. I highly doubt they buffer the ph and can't see it being to far off from yours provided they are on the same water system.

kdpuffer said:
As long as you acclimate them slowly it should be ok but I would still check the ph of the tank they are in at the store just as a precaution. I highly doubt they buffer the ph and can't see it being to far off from yours provided they are on the same water system.

Exactly if in the same municipality it should be the same water unless you or you lfs has a water softener and if it's only off by 1-2 a slow acclimation should be fine I keep breed and hybrid gold, GBR, and Bolivians in 9 ph water

Just ask what their ph is on the phone and check yours and if it's only off by a small amount go pick up your rams you will truly love them they are my favorite fish fresh or salt

Oh ill im just waiting to make sure I killed the ich, my fish have stopped flashin 3 weeks ago but one has one stubburn spot that wont go away so I think it should be go by wed, ive been doin heat plus meds

ryan-peddle said:
Exactly if in the same municipality it should be the same water unless you or you lfs has a water softener and if it's only off by 1-2 a slow acclimation should be fine I keep breed and hybrid gold, GBR, and Bolivians in 9 ph water

Just ask what their ph is on the phone and check yours and if it's only off by a small amount go pick up your rams you will truly love them they are my favorite fish fresh or salt

My second favs, awesome little guys. I actually just got home from being away at work all week and found my rams working together building a "nest" teamed up digging a pit in the sand. Hopefully a spawn is in the works.

kdpuffer said:
My second favs, awesome little guys. I actually just got home from being away at work all week and found my rams working together building a "nest" teamed up digging a pit in the sand. Hopefully a spawn is in the works.

Sounds like it in the near future my nest is behind the driftwood under my temple plant and behind my ram cave

Mine choose a back corner, I even got a hollow piece of driftwood for a cave and they choose the open sand. I guess we will have to wait and see, I suspect they will spawn while I'm away at work, murphies law. I have witnessed a spawn once in all my time with various cichlid breeding and it was really cool to witness. It was my foai I had and they did it in the wide open.

Back
Top Bottom