Help with tap water!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

picture_117

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I added prime to the new water I'm going to be using to make a water change in my aquarium, it's in a bucket. I've tried searching but no thread says how long should I leave that water sitting there. So how long should I leave the water with prime before I can add it to the aquarium? :confused:

picture_117 said:
So I added prime to the new water I'm going to be using to make a water change in my aquarium, it's in a bucket. I've tried searching but no thread says how long should I leave that water sitting there. So how long should I leave the water with prime before I can add it to the aquarium? :confused:

When you take the water out, you dose the whole aquarium, then you pour the water in

So, siphon water out, dose the aquarium, and then add the tap water straight from the source? The prime acts fast? I thought it needed time to work

Different people have different ways of doing it....I normally syphon the water, add the Tetra Aquasafe to the water from the tap that is in the bucket, mixing it well and into the tank....up to now, its been my option.

I think you only leave the water to stand for 24 hours if you don't add any solution.
We simply syphon out tank water. Then add solution to the fresh water and put into the tank. No problems for us.

Tetra safe you dose water and the pour it in. Prime will work either way you can dose the whole tank and fill or you can dose the water as you go. They all work instantly.

Guys above hit the nail on the head, Im sure you will find what is best and get into the routine....you will see you will have happy fish!

I like putting chem in bucket filling it up putting a 25 watt heater in and a strong airpumps and leaving it for six hours, I use well water so no chlorine just dose for heavy metals, my ph out of tap is like 6.8 cuz of co2 when stable is 7.4 so I like this method not too swing temp or ph, no problems at all, sometimes doesn't even take 6 hours seen it come stable in 1 hour but I leave longer to be safe

If you're adding water directly to the tank without using a de-chlorinator first, you dose for the full volume of the tank.
If you dose prior to adding water to the tank, you only need to dose the volume of the water you're adding.
As said, it works instantly.

Thanks for all the replies, I wasn't sure how long to leave the prime in the water for, but I just siphoned out the water, added the prime and then the water. It worked great and much easier than what I was doing before. :thanks:

treat the new water with prime, mix it up with a stick ,,, pour it in ,,, add stress coat to the whole tank ,,,my way .. do what best for you ...

Back
Top Bottom