help with uploading pic..so i can show results

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missie

Aquarium Advice Freak
someone want to school me on how to upload pics to a thread? just got my master test kit and could use advice on how to read properly...

When you post your thread right above where you are typing will be a paper clip symbol which you can add attachments.

im not computer savi... clicked on the paper clip button came up as a hyperlink?? not familiar with term. i have the pics uploaded to computer... gr!

ok after you've clicked on the paperclip, (which doesnt show up in quick reply, in that case you would have to go to "advanced") a box will appear.... from their you will choose browse, since you said you have the pic uploaded on your computer... you will then browse its location through that link and when you have it click upload, it allows you to upload 1-4 at a time.... then it'll say "loading please wait"or something like that, when its done, close that box and submit your post, (I do the attatchement part last) then if working and dont right it'll show up in your post.

this help?

I thought it was the picture icon on the same area as the paperclip? Hm iduno I just use the app on my phone, works awesome

if you use the pic image to put a picture on the image has to be online, it doesnt allow you to browse your computer for it, it has to be the paperclip :)

ok YEAH!! you got it working. Looks like your at the beggining stages of cycling. Im jealous ab out your ph, although if thats a 7.6 like it looks like in the photo you may want to do the high range... Mine in my tap water is 8.2, and in my tanks... always!!

anyways, your amonia is up, so if you havent done a pwc in awhile you need to do one, and keep testing :)

i hope im not at the beginning stages of cylcing!!!!! ive had this tank for almost 2 months... and i have fish in there!!!eeek!

missie said:
i hope im not at the beginning stages of cylcing!!!!! ive had this tank for almost 2 months... and i have fish in there!!!eeek!

Have you made any changes recently? New fish? Changed out filters? Heavy duty cleaning? It could be a mini cycle if your tank has been up that long and you have 0 nitrItes. I agree though, you've gotta do a 50% pwc as soon as you can.

both actually. was doing 50% water changes for a week till a few days ago to take care of a ph issue... i also added 3 new fish and an adf was also told my pet store to change out my filter... i guess that was not the best thing to do...

if your newly cycled chaning the filter isnt a good idea, but if you have a good amount of good bacteria on your substrate, plants and deco, its usually not too much of a problem, even better if you have a filter that has 3 seperate pieces of media, and you only change one at a time..... You may be having a mini cycle because of changing your media and adding fish. Keep testing your levels and doing PWC,s until the readings are desirable :) How preggo are the fishies?? any idea?

The vast majority of your beneficial bacteria lives in the filter. Whenever you plan on changing filters, squeeze a new one in next to the old and leave it for as long as possible to seed the new before you throw the old one away.

I also suggest not using the cartridges that come with HOB filters. Click on the link in my signature...there's an explanation of carbon filters, how to change them, and what to use in their place :)

eco23 said:
Have you made any changes recently? New fish? Changed out filters? Heavy duty cleaning? It could be a mini cycle if your tank has been up that long and you have 0 nitrItes. I agree though, you've gotta do a 50% pwc as soon as you can.

What he said... sounds like.what I did

I have no idea how preggo my molly is i just discovered it yesterday.. she is not HUGE yet.. but i noticed a bit of a bulge...thats a another research topic! lol...

eco23- read your article! very informative thank you! how much does filter media normally cost?

missie said:
eco23- read your article! very informative thank you! how much does filter media normally cost?

Thanks missie! I just bought a roll yesterday for ~$9. It'll last me for months.

The absolute best thing for keeping healthy bacteria is stuff called ceramic media. It's little ceramic balls that harbor the stuff and you never, never change it. They're mostly designed for canister filters, but if you have a HOB filter you can add some in a mesh bag and stick it in there. You still need the mechanical filters to catch the debris, but the ceramic media will hold tons of the bacteria so it really lessons the impact any time you have to change filters. Happy Easter!

I will look into that as well! i really want happy healthy fishies :) happy easter 2 you!!!

Back
Top Bottom