help with water again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no never lift it up at all. just did a 50% water change while i clean the gravel with vacume. by the way the platy came out of its hiding place found it. i notice it is hanging alot on the bottom and not swimming right maybe all that nitrate is getting to my fish? is it possible to revive it?

It could be affecting him, and might be too late. Do another water change and vac soon. When my tank was cycling and had a couple sick fish, I did a water change once in the morning, and one in the evening. Was only 20% each time. Could do it with a 50%. Once your nitrates is down, any sick fish might make it. But could very well be too late.

ok i tested the water today after a 50% water change and i rinse the filter out. nitrate levels are at 40 still pretty high. could it be that i clean to much and now its recycling again?

http://marineland.com/products/consumer/con_penguinfiltersnew.asp
i have a question if u go to the link and scroll down to pic of filter, youll notice between the wheel and the intake tube there is a little plastic opening. my question is on my system water leaks out thru that back into the aquarium is this normal this is the same water that is getting sucked but isnt going thru the filter.

If it is overflowing, yes. But make sure the filter is not clogged. The water coming out of the overflow is not being filtered.

Back
Top Bottom