Help with Water Conditions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kristen0419

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I tested my water with my Freshwater API Master test kit. My levels are usually normal. I did about a 35% water change Sunday. I tested my levels today. These are my results...

Nitrite 1.0
Nitrate 5.0
Amonia 2.0
PH 7.0-7.2

Im testing it again to double check these numbrers.
I have 38 gallon fresh water tank with 3 small angel fish, 2 mollys and 5 small glo fish tetras.
The water looks crystal clear and the fish seem happy. Please Help.

Check the water straight from the tap and see what it reads. I always suggest people test their tap water several times while cycling their first tank. In some areas the quality and reading fluctuate frequently and that is something you need to know before doing water changes.

I'd suggest getting a media bag and fill it 1/4 with carbon and hang it over the air or flow source. That will get the readings down.

I forgot to add I do have an Ammo carb bag with the filter. I also added Easy Balance Plus to the water. I know some advise not too but I wanted to see how the levels reacted to it. Im testing the levels again.

Depending on ow long the tank had been up I'd just say it's uncycled and needs to finish.

Test tap like henning said and get those levels under control.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom