help zebra danio has no tail urgent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What are your water parameters? The tail could have been eaten away by fin rot or some other kind of infection. What other fish are with it, it could have been nipped off.

George9 said:
What are your water parameters? The tail could have been eaten away by fin rot or some other kind of infection. What other fish are with it, it could have been nipped off.
Ammo 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrates 10-20
6 zebra danios counting the no tail
And 2 orandas.
Im pretty sure its been nipped off because he was fine yesterday now its just gone. What do i do?

It seems it has been nipped off. The question is who. The other danios wouldn't have nipped off the tail, they're peaceful schooling fish. The only fish that could have done it was one of the orandas, but I don't think they could have done that. Maybe he ripped it on a decoration, or get it stuck to the intake?

No there is one of the danios that are always chasing other. I dont know what to do with him

That could be it. The alpha danio in the group is bossing everyone around. You could separate the danio that's chasing the one with no tail for a while

Then you could just wait and let then settle their issues on their own. But this doesn't always happen.

The tail will grow back, if the guy picking on it stops and the water is very clean. You can add some Melafix, it will help with healing

George9 said:
The tail will grow back, if the guy picking on it stops and the water is very clean. You can add some Melafix, it will help with healing

How would i isolate him?

You would have to have another tank set up, but it's not even worth it for a danio. I would just get one of those breeding boxes you stick on the glass and put him in there. I'll post a link.

They don't bite each other, I'm sure they were just playing. I've seen my glofish play hard, five or six would look like they're wrestling each other on the gravel (and they're not even spawning) but they never hurt each other, not even one scratch.

Back
Top Bottom