Here are a few pics of my shrimp...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vinnymac

Aquarium Advice Regular
I finally had a chance to take some pics:

Here's one of my pregnant Amano Shrimp. She is loaded with eggs and has become slightly more aggressive towards the other Amanos in my 65gal display tank.
amano01.jpg

Here are the bunch of pics of my Cherry Red breeding stock in my 10gal plant grow out tank.
CRS01.jpg

CRS02.jpg

CRS03.jpg

CRS04.jpg

CRS05.jpg

CRS06.jpg

CRS07.jpg

...and here are a few new arrivals.
crystalreds01.jpg

Wow...I wish any of my LFS stocked shrimp. I can't seem to find them anywhere. What kind are the ones in the bottom pic? They're beautiful...look almost like SW clown fish from the top.

Thanks for all the comments.

The amanos are in my main 65g display tank with various other fish.

The cherry shrimp are in a 10g planted shrimp-only tank. I started with 20 cherries a few months ago and now I suspect I have nearly 100, and many egg-carrying females.

The crystal red shrimp are in a 5g tank for now. I'm setting up a 20g soon to grow out all my cherries and then I'll move the crystal reds into the 10g.

id like mto get shrimp with eggs sometime soon, theyre 3 for 5 bux here in canada. any tips on spotting pregnant shrimps?

Tap said:
id like mto get shrimp with eggs sometime soon, theyre 3 for 5 bux here in canada. any tips on spotting pregnant shrimps?

Females carrying eggs are easy to spot. They will have large clusters of eggs underneath their tails.

Vinnymac, NICE shrimps! Did you buy the cherry reds from an online vendor and if so, who? I am considering setting up a shrimp only tank cause I love cherry reds and I don't want to risk them becoming dinner in my fish tanks.

Ya, all of my ghost shrimp, 1 bamboo/wood shrimp, 1 amano.... they were all expensive meals in my 2 tanks. 1 Amano is still surviving in my 29gal.... he keeps a very low profile.

My 1 surviving Amano:
AmanoClose.jpg

my fave bamboo/wood shrimp (RIP):
ShrimpeyClose1.jpg

females are the ones with larger swimmeretes that make them look like they have a somewhat sagging belly. you'll know if a female has eggs because it's swimmerets will be full of black/brown/greenish eggs. the males tend to be smaller with longer legs and small swimmerets that are inline with the rest of the body.

Quake2player said:
Vinnymac, NICE shrimps! Did you buy the cherry reds from an online vendor and if so, who? I am considering setting up a shrimp only tank cause I love cherry reds and I don't want to risk them becoming dinner in my fish tanks.

Ya, all of my ghost shrimp, 1 bamboo/wood shrimp, 1 amano.... they were all expensive meals in my 2 tanks. 1 Amano is still surviving in my 29gal.... he keeps a very low profile.

Thanks!

So far I've purchased all of my shrimp stock from various online sellers. I haven't had any luck locating Cherries or Amano's locally.

I will have a large batch of Cherry shrimp for sale soon. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks!

Quake2player- Nice pic of the wood shrimp! It looks just like mine. :)

If I had a camera I'd post pics of my wood shrimp and my 2 vampire shrimp.

Wow!! The only shrimp I've ever had are 25 cent ghost shrimp.. I had one lay a bunch of eggs once though! hehe. Your shrimp look awesome though!

Back
Top Bottom