Here snaily snaily snaily

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swankyspoon

Aquarium Advice Activist
My Nerite snail has disappeared. 10 gallon tank with guppies and the snail. I have search through the tank. I shuffled through the top of the substrate (large natural looking large substrate from petco or petsmart), thinking maybe he got stuck under the rocks. Looked around plants, the filter, heater, hood, etc. Don't think he escaped. I searched the area around the tank. Any ideas? Thanks!

Good call. Came home from dinner and he was on the glass. Wonder where he went? :confused:

Do you have any cave decorations? Mine like to get inside the caves and go to the top of them.

I bought 2 nerites the other day. As soon as they went in, 1 went under the substrate and hasn't come out. The other is all over eating algae wherever he can get his mouth on it. I'm hoping his pal comes out soon and keeps him company...

look in your filter or out of the water above the water line. the two i had 1 would always stay out of the water the other in the bottom of the filter(i guess he liked the flow). its pretty common with nerites to come out of the water.

Not sure about the OP, but I never found my second snail.

Sometimes they fall onto the floor and close up tight. Sorry you cant find it. Hopefully he is still alive

I had a snail escape once down the air hose. I looked for two days before finally moving the couch, and there he was. He had sealed completely up and was dried up by the looks of it. But, I put him back in the tank and after a few hours he came back to life!

Mine escape by the filter all the time. I have a bowl where I put my keys next to my tank and I find a snail in there all the time. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom