Here we go agian.. Ich or disease

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tinafina

Aquarium Advice Activist
*Ph. 7.6
*Ammonia 0.25 ( I know a bit spiked, maybe from vacuuming sand last night)
*nitrite 0
*Nitrate 0

Before
In tank:
2 dwarf rainbow
1neon tetra
3 cardinal tetra

Added new :
Blue ram
6 long silvery with red eyes n nose

After I added new fish, it was obvious they were sick ( the 6 long silvery with red eyes n nose, I was dead next day) an ich started to appear on some fish. Added 1/2 dose of Nox-Ich and slowly killed away all my tetras. The long silvery ones died off 1x1. I put them in another tank, I assumed they were the culprit to this mess( they are all slowly looking like there are going to die) . Raised the temp in the original tank and noticed that the ich signs looked better but now it looks like its coming back. I am afraid to use the nox-ich again. Is this medication fine for the blue ram and dwarf rainbow's?
Taken out carbon.
Increased water temp .
Adding air stones .
Doing water changes.
Highly frustrated .

Honestly with no nitrates it looks like your tank isn't cycled. For ich just raise the temp to 86, perform water changes as normal and run the heat for about 2 weeks. And if your tank isn't right your ram will suffer.

Chronos313 said:
Honestly with no nitrates it looks like your tank isn't cycled. For ich just raise the temp to 86, perform water changes as normal and run the heat for about 2 weeks. And if your tank isn't right your ram will suffer.

I bumped up the temp and found some API super ick cure but it expired 2 months ago. Dumped those in. C what happens. ..

But if all else fails u think I just need to bump up temp and wait it out?

Thanks for your input

I would do a 50% water change to get rid of some of the chemicals and just strictly do a heat treatment. But I'm puzzled why your tank has no nitrates

Omg what in the world is going on !
have the master kit to check the levels. I Match the colors and it indicates 0. Fishes are dying off- except for blue ram and male rainbow dwarf. The female had an ick spot on side that settled down but left a deep whitesh line. Is this something else that I need to treat further. She looking not so good. One of the diseased fish that died had the same looking thing.

Back
Top Bottom