Heres the fish I inherited when i bought a 55 and stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonestarbandit

Aquarium Advice Freak
image-2688872306.jpg

The black fancy goldfish apparently had an accident and is missing one eye completely yet gets on. The other goldfish is normal. The fancy tailed puffy head one is ENORMOUS don't know if he's worth anything ( I'll be trading him in I don't do goldfish ) 2 ENORMOUS albino Corey cats ( biggest I've ever seen ) and lastly that what I thought was a algae eater thing but he's striped only and somehow different and that little bastard is MEAN. I never should of put HIM in the 46. The others are in the 10 which with "incredible bulk" my name for the huge goldfish is way overcrowded but they will be ok till Tuesday. So wth do I have here?

Attachments

• image-3146995106.jpg
    image-3146995106.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 115
  • image-3383080042.jpg
    image-3383080042.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 118
  • image-3103889301.jpg
    image-3103889301.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 112
  • image-2997109348.jpg
    image-2997109348.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 124
Hi! The black one is a moor but there isnt a clear pic of him. The 'puffy head' one (its called a wen) is an oranda & he/she is quite skinny. The 3rd goldie is likely a common or comet, but more likely a common because he lacks flowy finnage. He really belongs in a pond. No clue what the striped fish is. What do you plan on doing with these guys?

Most likely trade them in to the lfs. I don't do goldfish. Must be the camera angle the "wen" is it? It is quite rotund. But I know nothing of goldfish maybe it's supposed to be fatter. The "moor" has one of its eyes completely gone I mean ripped off. Looks like a "comet" on that side no eye bulge nothing. Just gone. Prev owner said she didn't have the heart to kill it since its so eager and rushes about in huge loop de loops (account of body imbalance since missing chunk of one side I'm sure) and it is an eater scours the gravel like a catfish. Guess its learned to live with its disfigurement. Hope the lfs doesn't kill it since its so maimed. The wen thing is pretty for what is flowing fins and all but I bought this tank to have cichlids. Don't think they would get along nor tolerate each others water configuration.

You can try an ad on craigslist as well as your lfs. Unless you can find someone who will adopt the poor moor, I fear his future may not be very optimistic unless your lfs geniunely cares for its creatures. You can also try an ad on here, too! Good luck!!!

Thanks for all the info JLK I was lost on the goldfish thing. Now the little striped thing... He's either a flying fox, false SAE or true SAE and I don't know which of the 3 his is. I am thinking to keep the moor with one eye he can keep my 10 cycled and if I need a cycle fish he could do the job.

Please dont use the poor moor as cycle fish! He has been through enough already. The 10g is a bit small for him but I suspect he may be stunted to some degree as well. Wish I could help you with the striped guy but I have no idea! Hopefully, someone will see this & can ID him! As I said, good luck and if you have any questions on the goldies, Ill be happy to help! :)

Thanks for all the info JLK I was lost on the goldfish thing. Now the little striped thing... He's either a flying fox, false SAE or true SAE and I don't know which of the 3 his is. I am thinking to keep the moor with one eye he can keep my 10 cycled and if I need a cycle fish he could do the job.

Not an oto? Was my first thought.

Cynic said:
Not an oto? Was my first thought.

No.... He's a different shape almost diamond shape looking down at him from above more angular and much much shorter.

Tetra1990 said:
If your going to keep the black moor, at least get him a 20 gallon. Give him a pirate name!

Not a chance lol. I have already a 46, 10, 2.5, 55 and looking at a 90. I like the poor bastid but not THAT much. He can stay in my 10 which is usually empty. I have a feeling the lfs would just use him as feeder.

smileyface9 said:
Well then maybe relocate it?

That's how I got him/them. I didn't know I was getting stuck with fish also. Thought I was just getting the tank lol. I can trade that massive fancy one and lg reg goldfish in. But the one eyed moor I'm sure they prob wouldn't keep. I'm keeping the 2 cories.

That may be a Chinese Algae Eater. CAEs are mean. Google it and check.

Please take out any Sharp edged decor while the Goldfish are in there. They can injure themselves easily in such tight quarters.

Try Craigslist and see if a Goldfish lover will adopt the one eyed fish. I used to give away ones like that as free to good home when I worked at Petsmart. We'd occasionally get a fish with only one eye or missing a fin. People were nice about adopting them.

Coursair said:
That may be a Chinese Algae Eater. CAEs are mean. Google it and check.

Please take out any Sharp edged decor while the Goldfish are in there. They can injure themselves easily in such tight quarters.

Try Craigslist and see if a Goldfish lover will adopt the one eyed fish. I used to give away ones like that as free to good home when I worked at Petsmart. We'd occasionally get a fish with only one eye or missing a fin. People were nice about adopting them.

I think I found him. I think he's a Otocinclus sp. if he isn't he's a dead ringer. Small short size kinda arrowhead shaped. I've got a CAE in there w him and they do not remotely resemble each other. Took out the rocky deco. They have to stay in the 10 as they are way too big for my 46 community and the 55 is still air drying after bleach for scrubbing algae and snail infestation off and vinegar solution for the nasty hard water buildup and it's airing now NOT setup so the 10 is best I can do for them. It does have airstone and a whisper 60 gal filter on it ATM so should keep up w goldfish toxicity.

End result *

Traded all goldfish, the Otto, and my CAE to the LFS.

Got some credit then got some more cories and neons.

Read up on Ottos and CAE just not worth the havoc to other tank mates so they went byebye.

Back
Top Bottom