Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-31-2003, 09:23 AM   #1

Hex Tank Ideas?

Years ago, I purchased a 20-25 gallon acrylic hex tank (black acrylic on the back 3 sides) with an acrylic stand. It is an extremely cool looking tank, but I found it to be rather useless as most, if not all, fish prefer to swim back and forth, not up and down. It is just collecting dust in my basement, but I'd like to set it up again. Only thing I've come up with so far is that I can build my owh hood for it, and light it with the new pc's on the market.

I have zero ideas as to what i could do with it, so I'm looking for some creative ideas from my fellow hobbiests here.

I'd even, (gasp, HYPOCRITE alert!!!), consider doing salt!

I'll put this up as a sticky for a week or two.
Old 03-31-2003, 01:48 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

you might think of freshwater Angels. They like to swim vertically among tall plants. Mine never leave the left side of their 55 gal long tank.

Old 03-31-2003, 07:43 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to IronDogg Send a message via MSN to IronDogg
Well, if you are considering doing a saltwater tank, then a 25 gallon hex might be perfect for a pair of seahorses...
Old 04-01-2003, 08:29 AM   #4

Seahorses are extremely cool, but prolly too hard for someone like me.

Considering a single specimen plant tank, Madagascar Lace, since my others croaked in my 90 gallon (too warm for them).

However, all options are still open!

Ideas very welcome!!!
Old 04-01-2003, 10:53 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to Barney
Just an idea.

Black sand
30-40 neon tetra
live plants

i seen one setup, looks awesome
Old 04-02-2003, 11:48 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via Yahoo to aimeovaldi
I am currently using a 20 gallon hex (TRUVU acrylic) as a saltwater molly breeder, about 10 lbs of LR, 3" of LS some plants, calourpa, skilter 250, visitherm heater, 2X13 pc lighting. 2 pair of sailfin mollies currently have 2 clutches of young with them. The Sunset pair are a great orange coloration and the second pair is dalmation. The tank is on an oak hex stand, the TRUVU tank has 3 panels of black plexi and 3 clear (obviously). The tank serves a great purpose as well as looking really great.

Tags
hex, hex tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com