Hey guys, need your personal opinions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicalmackdaddy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all, im in a bit of a rut, and would like some decision making help :)
I have a 10g planted that i love but its not really scaped just a bunch of plants and fish.
I would like another tank i could use as a "show tank" and have a cool scape. My problem is my parents arent to keen on the idea of a second tank right before my first year year of highschool, yada yada yada....
So what should i do?
1. Try and convince my parents for a second tank?
2. Change this one into a cool scaped tank?
3. One thing i think would be fun, turn it into a growout tank for foreground and rare erios/background plants?
Thanks for your opinions, i love to hear them! :)))

Honestly, I'd wait until school starts, see how it goes and then hit the rents up for a second tank. Maybe something bigger like a 20 long so you can create that show tank!

I'd definately scape the 10. When you get it super awesom looking, the parents might be more inclined to let you upgrade if you can make the 10 into somehing stunning.

Same with my mom! I had originally had a 10 but sadly all of my fish died ): then I got a 20 a year later & I bought everything myself && she saw how much work I had out into it so now she's letting me set up my old 10:)

I would say see how school is going and if you are going okay with it all get the second tank

Maybe if you do really well at school and impress them maybe they'll be easier to persuade :)

Convince them! I just finished Freshman year at one of the top 50 best Catholic schools in the NATION!! I got straight A's and my GPA is 4.27! I did that while caring for 4 fish tanks. A 150, a 45, a 20 and a 10. So I'd say go for another tank! If I can do it you can do it ;)

Thanks for the replies!
I think im will wait and see how first year of highschool/highschool sports toll on me, and then maybe my parents will Want me to get another :D
In the mean time, i think once i have a weekend free, ill go all-out on the ten gallon, derimming, new scape, ect.
Thanks guys! You guys are awesome

I think you should grow a pair as long as your mature enough and have the time price to ur parents you can be trusted to look after them I have an 400 litre juwel rio amazing tank lots of hard work and cash just be responsible and get on with it

Same like I said I got straight A's and cared for 4 tanks. I also had wrestling practice EVERYDAY from 3:00 to 5:45 and every Wednesday a tournament from 3:00 to 10:30 pm. I think you could do it! ;)

vanimal said:
Same like I said I got straight A's and cared for 4 tanks. I also had wrestling practice EVERYDAY from 3:00 to 5:45 and every Wednesday a tournament from 3:00 to 10:30 pm. I think you could do it! ;)

Thanks for the encouragement! Im sure i could look after 2 tanks, but i dont think my parents are to sure. They might need some report card convincing ;)

Back
Top Bottom