Hey pros! What kind of betta fish is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

princess_harora

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm just another new fish owner that bought a fish from petco. I've asked many people on what type of betta my lil one will become as well as the gender and I would like your input as well!! He/she is about 2 months old. See pics below! I really appreciate you putting time into this!

001.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

I am almost positive that It is a veil tail male betta. Also you have a beautiful betta.

Betta type

Shadownova: It's nice to know the coloring pattern but I would really like to know the betta type as well!

The only betta species with a dorsal fin like that is a butterfly!
http://watershed3.tripod.com/types.html

No, butterfly refers to the coloration of the fish. It is not a species, just a color type of Betta splendens. There are lots of different species of Bettas, but the one in this thread is most definitely B splendens (although I've heard it argued that today's "splendens" are actually the result of crossing splendens and imbellis).

Last edited:
Betta type

Conclusion: Male veiltail betta with butterfly coloring! My baby betta is turning out to be a beauty.

Back
Top Bottom