Hi finned blood red swortail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YaBuddyHuddie

Aquarium Advice Freak
I saw these on liveaquaria.com. I asked the guy at the LFS about it and he said they're really not that dark or truly red as the picture on the site suggests. Is this true? These guys are stunning, and I'd love to have one. But only if they're 100% dark blood red. Anyone have any experience with them?

They could easily be full blood red but I've never had one. I did manage to breed out a full blood red platy though so it could be that color.

Say if I were to order one from liveaquaria.com...do you think it'd be true to color?

It's hit and miss on aquabid. I have found most either photoshop more color into the picture and say, "This is the parent. You are getting fry which will eventually look like them", but of course it is half a year before you will know or they give it color enhancing hormones. I personally have never had a 100% positive experience on aquarbid. I also know alot of people who say they love it. But I have taken fish back to a lfs before when fish haven't colored up to my liking and demanded a full refund or a even exchange for the same type of fish. You can also try searching locally for aquarium clubs. Most bigger cities have them and it will open up a whole new world of high quality fish you will never ever find in a lfs. And they are much, much healthier.

It's very sketchy. I guess my best bet is my LFS. Paying $40 for shipping is ridiculous anyway.

Back
Top Bottom