Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-09-2011, 08:19 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Hi im new have a question! Stocking suggestions?

Hi I'm
John from England, I have a 100l tank currently with 5 zebra danios, I am interested in introducing some more life in there, I was considering some Sakura shrimp possibly some snails and some new fish, tetras perhaps. Does anyone have any advice or additions for this proposed set up? I'd love any advice, thanks!

Old 03-09-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Welcome to AA!

The shrimp and snails should be just fine. You could easily add a dozen fw shrimp and a few snails without much effect on bioload.

Most tetras would work well with the danios... some cardinals, neons, glowlights, or blackskirts would all work great, as would many others. Do you have a specific color that you like? I think you could add somewhere between 8-15 of them, depending on what species you decide upon.

Is the tank cycled yet? How long has it been setup? You may want to wait awhile before adding anything new to the tank. Are you testing your water? Posting your readings for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and pH would help determine if the tank is ready for more fish.
fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stocking, suggestions

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com