Hi Ph???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Riane22

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 4 month old tank with about 20 fish. A tropical community. I just got my master api testing kit after much recomendation from this forum. What is a normal ph? All my other perameters are great bur ph seems a little hi. 7.6? Which is the max? But all my fish are doing wonderful. Should I worry?

7.6 is perfectly fine for most tropical fish. The most important thing is a stable ph.

7.6 is the max measurable on your regular pH scale. Your pH could be much higher. Did you check the high range pH too? But azmodan is right in that it's more important for a stable pH than having the "perfect" pH. Adding chemical and causing temporary swings in the pH is harmful to fish as it stressed them, leading to disease and death.
For what it's worth, my pH hangs between 8.0 and 8.4, I just need to make sure that fish I add can handle that level of pH.

I have a 4 month old tank with about 20 fish. A tropical community. I just got my master api testing kit after much recomendation from this forum. What is a normal ph? All my other perameters are great bur ph seems a little hi. 7.6? Which is the max? But all my fish are doing wonderful. Should I worry?

No need to worry, as was mentioned already, keeping a stable pH is what's important. Keep up on maintenance and your pH should stay stable.

Ya I checked the high range and it was the lowest on that scale. So I did a water change (25%) no difference in the ph. So as long as the fish are ok, dont worry unlees it starts moving?

Back
Top Bottom