High ammonia to low ammonia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoldenPlecTony

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have high ammonia in my current tank but we are upgrading at the weekend and I just need to know if putting the fish in a low ammonia tank from the high one is safe?

Thanks. Our tank is a little over stocked at the moment which I think is what is causing the Ammonia to rise or stay quite high (As im doing daily water changes and adding a chemical to reduce it)... We have plans to relocate some of the fish tomorrow so I should be on top of it by the time the weekend is over :).... I just need to know if taking my fish from a high ammonia to a low ammonia within minutes will effect them?

yes, it will affect them in a positive way. Keeping the ammonia as low as possible should be a constant concern.

Ammonia is not like ph, hardness, or whatever. Fish don't get used to a certain amount, they can tolerate a certain amount, but at some point it causes damage.

I managed to keep it down with treatments and water changes, another 50% tonight and tomorrow morning should keep it down. Then I will have the new tank set up and managed :) ... Thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom