High Fin Electric Blue GBR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
Yes, thats right. High Fin Electric Blue GBR!

I picked up a pair of them yesterday from my lfs that im moving away from. Here is the male of the pair now.

uploadfromtaptalk1447473518017.jpg

His color is a little muted because hes stressed from the move, but i couldnt wait any longer to share.

My lfs gets them directly from the breeder. The electric blue strain was crossed with a gold ram to give the fish a gold face with electric blue body

Thanks everyone! That just goes to show what you can get from a reliable lfs :) I plan on buying discus from there in a year or so.

Nice!!! Make them sing:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Im curious abt these high fins... Nice looking fish meb. What classifies them high fin?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Im curious abt these high fins... Nice looking fish meb. What classifies them high fin?

Thanks! :)

It only really shows in the males of this strain but they have much higher spreading fins than regular german blue rams. Ill get a pic of him fully puffed up when i get home to really shownit.

Thanks brotha. Im trying to figure it out because every electruc blue ram i have and have produced have high fins. I honestly thought it was just a regular trait of EBRs. Me and my ram breeder buddy have been discussing for quite some time and neither of us can think of EBRs we have produced seen or owned without "high fins". Any info from you will be helpful as we think this high fin is just a normal trait of EBRs in general. Thanks again, meb... And i hope you dont take this as a blah blah blah not a hi fin thing. Just tryin to find info.

On the breeding note;
I don't completely understand the genetics but my lyre tail swords would never throw 100% lyre?

The GBR I thought(that were) 'yellow' of mine(from my own breeding) have basically turned out (whatever color as they change) to be Long fin with out a doubt.
Most notably the males....
Poppa you do know more about genes then me....
Seems funny(coincidence??) that when a color variation takes place long fin may be part of it?
All golds aren't long finned are they???

Here he is. He just finally stopped being soo shy so i could snap a pic of him. When its fully extended its a couple mm higher than it is in this pic.

uploadfromtaptalk1448160709183.jpg

Its odd that you say all electruc blues are high fins, the ones ive seen had regular sized fins.

Back
Top Bottom