high nitrate and high nitrite ....HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bsdryder7 said:
how long should u wait to check your water????

I usually wait a couple hours with ammonia but for the rest I test them in just a few minutes after PWC. That's just how I do it.

ok so the nitrite dropped to .25 but the nitrate stayed at 5.0 ill do another water change tonight or should i wait till tomorrow??

bsdryder7 said:
ok so the nitrite dropped to .25 but the nitrate stayed at 5.0 ill do another water change tonight or should i wait till tomorrow??

Good job!

Check your parameters again later today. You will base on that to know how much PWC you will need to do or if you have to. Keep your nitrites below .25ppm until your tank cycles(ammonia and nitrites at 0.0ppm). For the nitrates, anything below 40ppm is ok but I like to keep mine under 20ppm.

sweet my water is getting better and its so freaking clear its crazy i think its because of the excel and y plants are comming back to life YAAAAAAAAAA

bsdryder7 said:
sweet my water is getting better and its so freaking clear its crazy i think its because of the excel and y plants are comming back to life YAAAAAAAAAA

That's great to know :D

Anyway, I don't think excel has anything to do with your water getting clear but I'm sure it helped your plants. Your clear water is mostly because of all the water change making the ammonia, nitrite level low. What are your tank's parameters now?

Back
Top Bottom