High Tap Water Nitrates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian086

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, i have pretty high tap water Nitrates 40ppm and i was looking for a some advice. I know plants and/or a RO unit is the way to go, but i was wondering if anyone has used Fluval Lab Series Nitrate Remover. I do a weekly 50% water change on my 55g fully stocked community tank, feed every other day, only what they consume in a minute or two. Never let the food hit the substrate. Problem is, i'm adding water with 40ppm at every change, so i would ideally like to at least half that. I intend to add some water sprite and/or wisteria plants soon. I can only use low maintenance plants at the moment-budget and setup(lights). When i get my larger canister(next few weeks)i plan on using Matrix. I am currently using Purigen in my canister. My question is, anyone using the Fluval Lab Series Nitrate Remover and what do they think of it. Is it effective, have read mixed reports but would like to hear from fellow members who have used it. Reviews good or bad!!!. Thanks, Ian

Back
Top Bottom