Hit the aquarium jackpot, Yeah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^^^^^

My ph dropped to 6 stalling my cycle. It was done and went back to te beginning if the nitrites. Crushed coral in a mesh bag

A friend recently bought the Bolivian Rams at Petsmart, and they happened to be on sale at the time.

As for carrying water you can buy a Python or Aqueon water changer or just check them out and probably some one who is handy can get most everything at a hardware store, and there are some replacement parts you can buy as well in case the hardware store doesn't carry something similar. On line they are prob cheap.

I watched the videos on them. I have one, but need to go pick up a different connector since my kitchen faucet is a spray wand lol (it came with a tank I bought used)

Day 23 of cycling. Had a zero reading of ammonia for two days after dosing up to 2 one day and 4 yesterday. Did a massive water change of 25 gallons to bring Nitrite and Nitrates down. Tested water after pwc and had .25 ammonia, 0 nitrite and barely any reading on Nitrate. Freaked out because I thought I had ruined my tank cycle. Checked treated tap water and had a .25 ammonia reading. Tap water bounces between 0-.50 from the faucet so no problem their.
It zeros out after being in the tank a few hours. Checked tank water coming out of filter and the Nitrite was still zero but the Nitrate was reading 20. Don't know exactly what that means. I waited a couple of hours and checked it again and got the same readings. Ammonia .25, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 20. All water checked directly in front of filter stream. I went ahead and put my three ghost shrimp in a few hours ago and they are doing fine. I will do frequent water checks to make sure nothing jumps up. I am going to move my two fish tomorrow and put my 10 gallon filter in the 29 gallon to keep the bacteria alive. I am going to a pet store this weekend and want to buy some more fish. I also got a shipment of 6 java fern in today and planted them. I have 100 plants coming from aquabid. A mix of Ludwigia, Pennywort, Moneywort, and dwarf sagittaria. I am going to plant both tanks and offer the remaining for sale.

I have a question concerning my 10 gallon tank. A few days ago I noticed a white film/scale growing on the filter. I just assumed it was bacteria and it didn't seem to be causing a problem so I left it. Today while I was fishing around for my shrimp I noticed it was on the plastic plants and on the back of the tank walls. I scraped some of it off and it was sort of wet powder like. Our water has a lot of Lime in it. when you boil a pan of it, you get a white powder substance around the edges of the pan. Needless to say I don't drink the tap water. I wonder if that is what is on the filter and plants? If so, is it a problem and if it is a problem, what should I do? I am getting a filter for the faucet that is supposed to remove minerals and chemicals so I can get better water for my tanks. In the meantime I have to use it as is.

I got my fish and shrimp moved to the 29. I also got the tank planted. Water perimeters are staying good. No ammonia, no nitrite, nitrate staying at 20. I found a baby fish last night. Not sure where it came from. Moved it to a QT tank so it wouldn't be eaten. Here are pictures of my tank.
Tank looks bare right now. Can't wait for the plants to take off growing. I added some duck weed and removed the fake floating plant. My light is so bright it was freaking out the fish and shrimp. However, the Mollies have proceeded to eat most of the duckweed, hope they don't get sick. I am already looking for a bigger tank.

Attachments

• fishtank.jpg
    fishtank.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 41
  • fishtank1.jpg
    fishtank1.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 41
  • fishtank2.jpg
    fishtank2.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 50
Back
Top Bottom