hmm actinics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
im thinking about buying a 48 watt hood. 24" odyssea (jebo) and i was wondering if i could leave the actinics on all night? or when the actinics are our get a dimmer one and leave it on as a moon light?

I'm not sure on something - are you wanting to use a dimmer on your fluorescent lights (actinic or otherwise)? Because fluorescent lights won't work on dimmers. They need the full voltage. Your moon light idea does sound cool, but won't work this way.

I would also not suggest leaving the actinics on all night. Your fishies need rest time.

There is a post in the DIY section on DIY moon lights.

i meant like.. maybe putting a weaker bulb or something like that. i guess ill have to pay the extra 20 bucks and get the lil suction cup ones. im afraid of how bright their going to be because theres like 12 leds on a 24" strip. or i could get the 2 led one (10$)

im getting kind of jittery because ive been looking for a light for a pretty long time and i think ive found it.

good thing i lost my last lights because they wouldnt of fit on my tank very well lol. its almost as big as the top of my tank.

plus greenie you should get an avatar... ooh omg. i dont know if this will be unacceptable but greenmagi hmm. marijuana leaf for your avatar hahahaha.. but im wondering if i mgiht get in trouble lol

ic... get something from everquest or warcraft :D or maybe some other game. it take a picture of you in a green faerie costume :)

I noticed that I put the link up there for the 10th page.. I fixed it.. jumping in the middle
of that subject would be bad..LOL
Glad I did ok with my first avatar :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom