Hmm snail or Betta poop?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellieca

Aquarium Advice Addict
Feeding my fish this evening I saw something on one of my plants I hadn't seen before. Below are some pics. This is a 10g with 1 male Betta & one Mystery snail. It's not the normal poop I'm used to seeing, is it poop?

image-2608658897.jpg

image-2216308532.jpg

Those almost look like eggs... I don't know what mystery snail eggs look like?

It does kind of look like eggs but not mystery snail eggs. They usually lay a huge amount above the water line plus i only have one mystery snail in there & they have to have a male & a female to produce babies.

Def not eggs like mention above they lay above the water surface. Could it just be some browning on the plant itself?

Those do look like eggs. No idea what to though. They are for sure not mystery snail eggs. Mystery snails lay eggs above the water in big pale pink bunches.

Hobgob said:
Def not eggs like mention above they lay above the water surface. Could it just be some browning on the plant itself?

I meant they weren't mystery snails eggs... But did you bath the plant before you introduced it?
What other fish do you have in the tank?

Im 99% sure it is not snail poop. What are you feeding your snail, depending on what you are feeding it, the poop will look different-ish.

I meant they weren't mystery snails eggs... But did you bath the plant before you introduced it?
What other fish do you have in the tank?

The plant has been in there for 3-4 months & all I did was rinse it tap water. There is only a male Betta & the snail.

*and how big is your snail?

The snail is less than golf ball size, have had him or her a month maybe a little longer. I feed algae tabs once or twice a week & cucumber/zucchini once a week. I asked about it because it doesn't look like the snail poop I'm used to seeing.

Back
Top Bottom