Hob on a round tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Masha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm thinking of upgrading my 40 litre betta tank to a taller, circular tank, something like a big glass cookie jar. But I've got a Aquaclear 30 that fits on a straight sided tank. Is there some way to make this work? I really can't think of any way.

only thing I could think of make waterfall like effect by making something out of plexi glass and silicone. something that would sit above the actual tank.

I have never tried anything like this but it seems like you could cut the right side of the part that hangs over the tank away and than build a new path for the water that anchors on the tank.

That being said, it would probably be a lot easier to just get a different filter.

I have never tried anything like this but it seems like you could cut the right side of the part that hangs over the tank away and than build a new path for the water that anchors on the tank.

That being said, it would probably be a lot easier to just get a different filter.

Serioisly that's just what I'd do. For a cylindrical tank I'd think a canister filter would work best.

If it's just going to be a big jar then maybe just a very small sponge filter?

Canister seems a bit overkill for a 40 litre with a single betta :)

I think I need to rethink the whole idea

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Whoops read your first post wrong. I'd agree that a small canister filter would be a good option, or the sponge filter. There are models available for nano tanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a deep blue biomaxx nano. It's got 2 suction cups on the back and it takes these tiny little cartridges. It works awesome. Would be perfect for a round tank

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom